Apexian Pharmaceuticals is a privately held clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing novel compounds to treat cancer, targeting the multiple functions of the APE1 protein. Founded in 2007, through the research of our founder and CSO, Mark Kelley, Ph.D., Apexian is advancing a lead drug candidate, APX3330, nearing completion of Phase 1 Study for solid tumor cancers. Apexian is poised to advance the lead candidate, APX330, into efficacy studies for cancer in 2019.
Several additional drug candidates are in pre-clinical development that came from an extensive structure activity relationship (SAR) to build a broad intellectual property portfolio in this target area. In addition to treating cancers directly, these molecules impact other important biological function and those are being assessed through collaborations with global researchers.
- Clinical stage, cancer biotech company targeting a novel biological pathway – APE1/Ref-1
- Lead drug candidate APX3330 is initially being developed for cancer and CIPN.
- Tolerability and dosing of APX3330 has been established through a previous Phase 2 development program (10 clinical trials) in non-cancer indications
- 2B development program (10 clinical trials) in non-cancer indications
- Granted patents for APX3330 in various cancers and other diseases with exclusivity beyond 2030
- FDA has expanded cancer IND to include CIPN for APX3330
- Robust manufacturing process supporting ongoing Ph 1 CT and other clinical plans for APX3330
- Drug platform and Pipeline of compounds hitting the APE1 target