Researchers at Apexian Pharmaceuticals have discovered several small molecules that inhibit redox signaling of APE1/Ref-1, a protein affecting a broad range of transcription factors known to be involved in cell survival, including NF-kB, AP-1, STAT3, and HIF.
- Solid tumors: colon, pancreatic, prostate, ovarian, glioblastoma
- Liquid tumors: acute myeloid leukemia (AML), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL)
- Cancer-related side effects, such as Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy (CIPN)
- Other anti-angiogenesis diseases such as age-related macular degeneration
- Anti-inflammatory and oxidative stress diseases such as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
+ See the pipeline status of Apexian Pharmaceutical’s work.